About the Albuquerque Convention & Visitors Bureau
The mission of the Albuquerque Convention & Visitors Bureau is to stimulate economic
growth by marketing Albuquerque as a convention and visitor destination.
Accredited Destination Marketing Organization
The Albuquerque CVB is proud to be accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP)
of the Destination Marketing Association International
be recognized and respected as a leading tourism marketing organization
and to achieve economic vitality and success through integrity,
enthusiasm and creative involvement for the promotion of Albuquerque as a
- A private, not-for-profit organization (501c6).
- Selling and marketing Albuquerque as a destination.
- Focused on conventions, meetings, leisure travelers and travel professionals.
- Funded by lodgers tax through a contract with the City of Albuquerque.
- Supported by a partnership of nearly 900 organizations.
- A Board of Directors of approximately 30.
- A full-time staff of 40 and over 100 volunteers.
- An equal opportunity employer.
- Funded with ~$7M (~$6M from lodgers tax and ~$1M from private sector activities).
- We are goal-oriented and results-directed.
- We look for opportunities, and we build on them.
- We are responsible and accountable.
- We value quality in our service, work and ourselves.
- We strive for excellence, honesty and integrity.
- We encourage teamwork while expecting high levels of individual performance.
- We treat our customers, members and staff with courtesy, respect and fairness.
- We honor our promises and commitments.
- We maximize communication to minimize misunderstanding.
- We encourage feedback so we can continually improve.