Planning affordable family vacations can be tricky, but Albuquerque offers local events, activities and entertainment options within a wide range of budgets. Everyone can afford an inexpensive vacation to Albuquerque.
Albuquerque was just named a Top 10 U.S. Value Destination by Hotwire.com. The annual Hotwire® Travel Value Index study showcases the top 10 cities where consumers can get the most vacation for their money based on low rates, discounts, affordable entertainment and overall destination appeal.
Why choose Albuquerque?
Attractions & Activities
Zoo, Aquarium, Botanical Gardens: Free to $12.50
Albuquerque is a great place for an affordable family vacation with a variety of inexpensive or free attractions including a zoo, botanic gardens, fishing area and aquarium.
With 19 museums to choose from, there's something for everyone, all at a very reasonable admission price.
Ticket prices for a wide range of theater, dance and music performances are extremely affordable starting at only$8.
Spectator Sports: Starting at $7
Admission starts at only $7 for sporting events including:
- AAA Isotopes baseball
- University of New Mexico Lobos athletics
- New Mexico Stars, indoor football
Choose Albuquerque for inexpensive vacations with endless options for affordable outdoor activities. The Sandia Mountain foothills and numerous bike paths are less than 20 minutes from anywhere in the city. Abundant golf options provide a tremendous value with a variety of course options in the metro area.
- Mountain bike rentals start at $8/hour and mountain bike packages start at $36
- Hiking in the foothills or Petroglyph National Monument only require a $1-3 parking fee
- The average green fee for 18-holes of golf with a cart at one of the city's 14 golf courses is only $55
- Take a scenic walk along the Rio Grande Bosque Trail or the Rio Grande Nature Center to enjoy the natural setting or do some bird watching for free
What $100 Buys in Albuquerque
See how far $100 can go while shopping for memorable and hand-crafted items from local Albuquerque craftspeople and vendors.
Lodging and Meals
Much of your travel budget is spent on lodging and meals, so Albuquerque’s affordable hotels, restaurants and low taxes make it easy to choose our city for your next vacation:
- Average hotel economy rate: $83*
- Average cost for three meals: $65*
* by Runzheimer International Guide to Daily Travel Prices July 2013
In challenging times, Albuquerque's great transportation rates make it easy to plan a trip on a budget.
- A typical taxi cab fare from the Airport to Downtown: $18
- Average daily rates for a compact car: $63 (plus taxes and fees)
- Gas prices are below the national average